RSPCA Lottery - Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase of the RSPCA Weekly Lottery entries is from the RSPCA (the promoter), solely in accordance with the terms under which the RSPCA from time to time promotes its lotteries. The RSPCA Weekly Lottery is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk) under license number: 4663. The responsible person for the RSPCA Weekly Lottery Garth Caswell.
- All Profits from the Weekly Lottery will be used to fund the work of the RSPCA in England and Wales. Registered Charity Number: 219099
In 2018 44 percent of the Proceeds from all of our Weekly Lotteries, Seasonal Raffles and the Pets at Home Raffle was used to fund the work of the RSPCA in England and Wales*. This translated to a fantastic £1,136,645!
* Based on the Lottery Submissions made by the RSPCA to the Gambling Commission, during the 2018 calendar year. Registered Charity Number: 219099.
- The weekly lottery is operated on behalf of the RSPCA by a Gambling Commission’s approved RNG.
- The promoter may change or update these Weekly Lottery Terms and Conditions and/or prize fund at any time and Weekly Lottery players are invited to regularly check the website for updates.
- The cost of each entry is £1 per week however the minimum payment required is £4.34 a month, which entitles you to one entry. Members may purchase more than one entry (subject to a maximum of 10) and payment must be made in advance of the Lottery Draw by one of the methods permitted.
- Each week you will be entered into a prize draw for which payment has been received, in which you could win one of 100 cash prizes with a first prize of £1000. You will also be automatically entered into four seasonal superdraws each year giving you the chance to win up to £10,000. The prizes for the RSPCA Lottery are printed on the promotional material provided and are advertised on the website RSPCA website. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be sent by cheque within 14 days. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure
- We will write to confirm your entry in the lottery, plus the date of your first entry, within 14 days. The letter will also contain your unique draw number(s). Please note that it will take time to process your application and therefore it may take up to 14 days before you are entered into the Weekly Lottery. Where the payment method is by direct debit, the direct debit must be set up and activated before entry into the weekly draw.
- The promoter may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme.
- Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of Lottery entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations. Cancellations will only become effective after all prepaid credits have been expended by entries into respective future draws. Prepaid stake money will not normally be refunded on cancellation. It is the player’s responsibility to cancel any direct debit or standing order instruction held by the player’s bank. Any sums under £1 remaining in your account shall be donated to RSPCA’
- You accept that the RSPCA Weekly Lottery is regulated by the Gambling Commission and that in certain circumstances we may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your lottery entries.
- The promoter’s decision once made is final and binding.
- The RSPCA Weekly Lottery draw will be conducted using a Random Number Generator (RNG) every Friday. Where the draw falls on a bank holiday, the winners and reports are published the next working day.
- The results will be published on the RSPCA website [within 48 hours] of the draw and will be available via the Lottery Helpline on 01524 752 903, from the next available working day (Lottery Office open 9am – 5pm, except on public holidays).
The promoter will pay the prizes directly to the winners of the Weekly Lottery by cheque within 14 days of the draw date. No alternatives to any prize will be offered and no interest is payable. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
- Whilst every effort will be made to contact winners, if we are unable to make contact within 90 days of the draw, unclaimed prizes will be used to fund the RSPCA’s vital work. If a cheque payment from the promoter remains uncashed after 90 days of the draw, this prize will be forfeited and also used to fund the RSPCA’s work.
- No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post and is not liable for any delay in bank payments.
- In signing up to play the RSPCA Weekly Lottery you represent and agree that:
a) You are 18 years of age or over;
b) You are a resident of Great Britain;
c) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 18;
d) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address and telephone number and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise.
- You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the promoter your representations under paragraphs 16 (a), (b) and (c) above.
- The promoter reserves the right to carry out any checks age-verification checks that it deems necessary to confirm age eligibility to participate in the Weekly Lottery.
- Any person found to be under 18 years of age who has entered the Weekly Lottery will be excluded from future entries and any sums paid over by them will be returned and, if applicable, any prizes won will be withheld.
- Customer funds are player funds that the promoter holds on behalf of the players, other than funds which have been allocated to a particular lottery, and also includes prize funds that have been allocated but not yet paid to the winner.
- The promoter will hold all customer funds, as defined by the Gambling Commission, in a segregated bank account [with trust status] to protect them against the insolvency of the promoter. This is considered a ‘medium’ level of protection by the Gambling Commission.
- RSPCA is committed to ensuring that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the RSPCA’s Responsible Gambling Guide for more information, or contact us via the Lottery Helpline on 01524 752 903. If you feel you have a problem with gambling visit www.begambleaware.org or call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
- If you feel like you have a problem with gambling you can self-exclude from the Weekly Lottery, or all of the promoter’s lotteries for a minimum period of six months and up to a period of five years if required. Any self-exclusion period may, on request, be extended for one or more further periods of at least six months.
- You can self-exclude by filling in the self-exclusion form on the promoter’s website, by contacting the Lottery Helpline on 01524 752 903, or writing to us at RSPCA Supporter Services, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 9RS.
- The promoter operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure which can be found here and which will also be made available to customers upon request.
- The RSPCA will process your personal data (as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation) for the purposes of administering your subscription to play the RSPCA Weekly Lottery. The personal information supplied by you will also be used by the RSPCA’s suppliers who assist in the running of the Weekly Lottery, acting on the instructions of the RSPCA.
- Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of: Processing your direct debit, informing you of payment updates, administration of the lottery, database management, undertaking quality control checks, conducting a welcome call to check your details are correct, transferring information to HM Revenue & Customs in respect of a Gift Aid claim and confirmation to your bank that you have made a pledge by direct debit.
- We may contact you if we require further information to process your donation or to administer your supporter registration. Our privacy notice, available at www.rspca.org.uk/privacy, sets out how your personal data is used. If you want to change the communications you receive at any time, please contact Supporter Services on 0300 123 0346 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Playing the Lottery
Draws and Prizes
Complaints and Disputes
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, DDPay Ltd (which processes direct debits on behalf of the RSPCA) will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request DDPay Ltd to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by DDPay Ltd or your Bank or Building Society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your Bank or Building Society. - If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when DDPay Ltd asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at anytime by simply contacting your Bank or Building Society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
The RSPCA helps animals in England and Wales. Registered charity no. 219099.